Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Playing with Beach Scenes

My brother Matt, who's on vacation in the Gulf of Mexico as I write this, has been taunting me all week with texts about the amazing time he's having, and all of the brilliant things he gets to see and do.   

For our weekly blog assignment, we were asked to post an image with the theme of "Parks and Recreation".  With the 97-degree-farenheit weather we've been getting lately, all this shade bunny can think about is playing in the water by a sandy beach!  


So, I've been playing around with some images I took at Jordan Lake a few weeks ago.   Above are two images I shot without properly metering them - when I got home, I realized they were too overexposed to get quality photographs out of, but I really loved the moments that were captured so I decided to play with photo filters and colors in lightroom and photoshop to create more of a digital painting.   The colors differ slightly between the two, but I had fun playing around to see what I could come up with.  


No comments:

Post a Comment