Wednesday, May 25, 2011

first weekly assignment for small format class: 'it's in the eyes'

For our Small Format assignment this week, our teacher, Jay, asked us to take a portrait of  someone who has striking eyes, who is also a stranger.   An important element of our class this summer is to get used to walking up to people we've never met and to photograph them.  

I was talking about this assignment with some of my friends when little Gus and his dad walked by, and I knew I had to get a shot of him!  Gus's dad, Jason, was very nice and allowed me to get a photo of him holding Gus.  

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful focus! You really captured that "precious moment" look in her eyes Molly, this is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not an easy photo to grab but you did a good job. The eyes really sell the picture. Nice work friend :)

    ReplyDelete