I've always been a fan of great style, but surprisingly haven't worked on a fashion shoot with a model until recently. I think I was nervous about the technical details while directing a model. I have high standards for what I'm looking for in a fashion shoot, and haven't yet met my technical goals. But this was a lot of fun to work on, and my model, 1st year photography student Christine Damschroder, did a fantastic job! She was so relaxed and subtle - I really appreciate the work she put into this with me. It truly is a collaboration!
Thanks to Katherine Clark for loaning me the baby doll dress. Shoes are by Urban Outfitters, and the hairpiece is handmade by me - inspired by Frieda Kahlo by way of the fabulous fashion wunderkind Tavi Gevinson 'Style Rookie'. If you're not familiar with Tavi and her new 'Rookie' online magazine, I highly recommend checking it out. I was very much a romantic and emotionally expressive teen, and this magazine has a familiar and true ring to it (made for and by some awesome young ladies!)
As always, I really appreciate your comments and feedback. Thank you!
Love these Molly!
ReplyDelete