Wednesday, August 31, 2011

vanilla bean-infused sugar


In my product illustration class at RCC, we're given 6 client assignments.  These are photographs based on specifications from our 'client' (i.e. our teacher, chuck).  

This assignment was 'Spices and Herbs' - we were to photograph a spice or herb, to tell a bit of a story, and to use modified light.

This image was photographed one light source - my Nikon SB-28 Speedlight bounced off my white bedroom wall (to the right of the image), with a white reflector (on the left of the image) for fill.  

I wanted it to appear like natural light through a window, and was trying to evoke an old-fashioned feel.   

My spice was the vanilla bean, and i put it in context of making vanilla-infused sugar.  



Final image that I submitted for this assignment:

          


My set-up:  


Comments are welcome!

3 comments:

  1. I really liked this shot, great set up of interesting props and beautiful lighting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the detail in the first picture!!! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice low key shot, great detail. Thanks for showing the set up!

    ReplyDelete